What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive cloud platform that enables solutions based on individual challenges and needs - with the benefits of a public cloud service. Fast, secure and cost-effective.
Azure can be described as a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals can use to build, deploy, and manage applications through a global network of datacenters. With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want, using the tools, applications, and frameworks of your choice.
You can store data using relational SQL databases, NoSQL table stores, and unstructured blob storages, and optionally use Hadoop and business intelligence services to data-mine it. You can take advantage of Microsoft Azure’s robust capabilities to enable scalable distributed applications, as well as deliver hybrid solutions that run across a cloud and on-premise enterprise environment. Microsoft Azure’s distributed caching and CDN services allow you to reduce latency and deliver great application performance anywhere in the world.
30 - 37.5% discount depending on the redundancy option
Azure Cool Blob Storage Promotion
11/1/2016 - 12/31/2017
The promotion gives customers with great storage needs a significant discount on Azure Blob Storage.
Save this offer
Current Microsoft Promotions
What are the benefits of Microsoft Azure?
Reliable and secure
Quick and easy deployment
Pay only for what you use
Extremely flexible, scalable and open
Hybrid Cloud deployments on your terms
Worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters
Unlimited storage and capacity
… and many others.
Is my data secure on Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure has the most comprehensive compliance coverage and holds more certifications than any other cloud provider. Microsoft is the Industry leader for customer advocacy and privacy protection and has unique data residency guarantees.
Privacy: Own and control your data.
Transparency: Know how your data is stored and accessed and how Microsoft helps to secure it.
Compliance: Azure conforms to a large number of global standards (such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards).
For more information, you can refer to the Microsoft Trust Center .
What products are available in Microsoft Azure?
There is a huge number of platform and infrastructure services available on Microsoft Azure that is growing constantly.
Microsoft Azure Platform and Infrastructure Services (Source: Microsoft Partner Network)
For an interactive overview, please check this website .
Details on all Azure products are available on the Azure website .
What is the difference between on premise, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS?
This everyday life example illustrates the characteristics of On Premises, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service:
Everyday Life Example of Microsoft Azure Software Models (Source: Microsoft Partner University)
With Microsoft Azure you can choose how far you want to migrate to the cloud.
What are typical scenarios for using Microsoft Azure?
Are your developers looking for:
- A test environment that is set up easily and cost-effectively without the hassle of bureaucracy?
- An environment that is supporting their favorite tools and software?
- Tools that support Linux and products for products that regulate internet access (HTTP/FTP/IP) for their web development such as gateways or load balancing?
- A test environment that runs independently from the company owned IT infrastructure?
- The ability to test and develop without technical or in-house boundaries?
Is your IT administration looking for:
- A test system that is an exact copy of your company’s IT to ensure smooth operating?
- A test system that allows testing all impacts of changes to the production system before implementation, e.g. updates, patches etc.?
Microsoft Azure Adapt (Source: COMPAREX)
What are the benefits of test and development environments in Azure?
- Simple and fast provisioning within minutes
- Open for a large number of software manufacturers
- Certified data security and privacy
- Azure Hybrid Use Benefit*
- If you have Visual Studio licenses, monthly Azure credit may already be included
- … and many more.
* The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit helps you get the most value from licenses on-premises and in the cloud. It lets you use your Windows Server licenses with Software Assurance (only available through Microsoft Volume Licensing) for virtual machines at the base compute rate, resulting in up to 40 percent savings across all Azure regions.
- You do not currently have a disaster recovery solution or a second datacenter for disaster recovery and are looking for a more cost-effective solution?
- You are looking to prevent data loss or system failure in an emergency scenario?
Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup (Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msuspartner/2015/11/05/azure-partner-community-business-continuity-and-disaster-recovery/)
Why Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure?
- Replication of data (geo-distribution) to ensure durability and high availability
- Unlimited storage and scalability
- Low RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
- Industry leading encryption features
- Fail over single apps or your entire datacenter, it is up to you
- Automated recovery plans
- Decay-free and remotely accessible
- … and many more.
You work in a news company, you manage an online shop or you operate a public portal?
- Is the traffic on your portal or website changing seasonally?
- Is the traffic on your portal or website changing in accordance with the time of the day or certain events?
- Do you have to make sure your portal or website is available anytime, even with large peaks in traffic?
Principle 'Pay as you go' (Source: COMPAREX)
Why is Azure a solution for fluctuations in traffic?
- Allows you to easily cope with peaks in demand anytime
- Geo-distributed deployments for high availability
- Only pay for what is actually consumed
- Unlimited capacities
- Simple expansion into new geographies
- … and many more.
These are just few examples of what you can achieve with Microsoft Azure. Are you overwhelmed with the seemingly endless possibilities?
Get in touch with our Azure experts; we help you find the right solution for whatever your scenario is!
Coming soon: Azure confidential computing
Leipzig, 09/28/2017 – is the first cloud to offer new data security capabilities with a collection of features and services called Azure confidential computing. Put simply, confidential computing offers a protection that to date has been missing from public clouds, encryption of data while in use. This means that data can be processed in the cloud with the assurance that it is always under customer control. Microsoft Azure
Read the full article
Monthly Microsoft Updates
Leipzig, 02/17/2017 – On a monthly basis, we inform you on selected product and licensing news to keep you up to date.
The current topics are: End of support for the 2013 versions of client applications, Office 365 upgrade benefits for Windows cloud subscriptions in CSP, Windows VDA price adjustments, Windows 10 will no longer be available through the Azure , changes in accessibility for Microsoft Project 2013 & MPSA , Premium Assurance extends Microsoft support, Project Online Client Management Suite is no longer available, Windows Nano Server – SA for Server + CAL Required System Center 2016
Read the full article
Since 1 February 2017, Microsoft Azure is no longer available through MPSA
Leipzig, 02/10/2017 – is still available through Microsoft Azure (EA), Enterprise Agreement Subscription (EAS), Server and Cloud Enrollment (SCE), Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) and Microsoft Online Subscription Program (MOSP). Microsoft Enterprise Agreement
Customers, who have already purchased Microsoft Azure through , remain unaffected by the changes. MPSA
Read the full article