What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive cloud platform that enables solutions based on individual challenges and needs - with the benefits of a public cloud service. Fast, secure and cost-effective.
Azure can be described as a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals can use to build, deploy, and manage applications through a global network of datacenters. With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want, using the tools, applications, and frameworks of your choice.
You can store data using relational SQL databases, NoSQL table stores, and unstructured blob storages, and optionally use Hadoop and business intelligence services to data-mine it. You can take advantage of Microsoft Azure’s robust capabilities to enable scalable distributed applications, as well as deliver hybrid solutions that run across a cloud and on-premise enterprise environment. Microsoft Azure’s distributed caching and CDN services allow you to reduce latency and deliver great application performance anywhere in the world.
Migrate Your Data to Azure With COMPAREX as Your Azure Expert Managed Service Provider
Imagine you’d have a partner not only knowing your IT and cloud platform in every detail but also advising you in using it, making the best out of it. Did you know that we can advise you in creating new products and solutions by using the full potential of the cloud platform?
Unleash Your Cloud's Potential with COMPAREX
What are the benefits of Microsoft Azure?
Reliable and secure
Quick and easy deployment
Pay only for what you use
Extremely flexible, scalable and open
Hybrid Cloud deployments on your terms
Worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters
Unlimited storage and capacity
… and many others.
Is my data secure on Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure has the most comprehensive compliance coverage and holds more certifications than any other cloud provider. Microsoft is the Industry leader for customer advocacy and privacy protection and has unique data residency guarantees.
Privacy: Own and control your data.
Transparency: Know how your data is stored and accessed and how Microsoft helps to secure it.
Compliance: Azure conforms to a large number of global standards (such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards).
For more information, you can refer to the Microsoft Trust Center .
What products are available in Microsoft Azure?
There is a huge number of platform and infrastructure services available on Microsoft Azure that is growing constantly.
Microsoft Azure Platform and Infrastructure Services (Source: Microsoft Partner Network)
For an interactive overview, please check this website .
Details on all Azure products are available on the Azure website .
What is the difference between on premise, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS?
This everyday life example illustrates the characteristics of On Premises, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service:
Everyday Life Example of Microsoft Azure Software Models (Source: Microsoft Partner University)
With Microsoft Azure you can choose how far you want to migrate to the cloud.
What are typical scenarios for using Microsoft Azure?
Are your developers looking for:
- A test environment that is set up easily and cost-effectively without the hassle of bureaucracy?
- An environment that is supporting their favorite tools and software?
- Tools that support Linux and products for products that regulate internet access (HTTP/FTP/IP) for their web development such as gateways or load balancing?
- A test environment that runs independently from the company owned IT infrastructure?
- The ability to test and develop without technical or in-house boundaries?
Is your IT administration looking for:
- A test system that is an exact copy of your company’s IT to ensure smooth operating?
- A test system that allows testing all impacts of changes to the production system before implementation, e.g. updates, patches etc.?
Microsoft Azure Adapt (Source: COMPAREX)
What are the benefits of test and development environments in Azure?
- Simple and fast provisioning within minutes
- Open for a large number of software manufacturers
- Certified data security and privacy
- Azure Hybrid Use Benefit*
- If you have Visual Studio licenses, monthly Azure credit may already be included
- … and many more.
* The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit helps you get the most value from licenses on-premises and in the cloud. It lets you use your Windows Server licenses with Software Assurance (only available through Microsoft Volume Licensing) for virtual machines at the base compute rate, resulting in up to 40 percent savings across all Azure regions.
- You do not currently have a disaster recovery solution or a second datacenter for disaster recovery and are looking for a more cost-effective solution?
- You are looking to prevent data loss or system failure in an emergency scenario?
Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup (Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msuspartner/2015/11/05/azure-partner-community-business-continuity-and-disaster-recovery/)
Why Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure?
- Replication of data (geo-distribution) to ensure durability and high availability
- Unlimited storage and scalability
- Low RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
- Industry leading encryption features
- Fail over single apps or your entire datacenter, it is up to you
- Automated recovery plans
- Decay-free and remotely accessible
- … and many more.
You work in a news company, you manage an online shop or you operate a public portal?
- Is the traffic on your portal or website changing seasonally?
- Is the traffic on your portal or website changing in accordance with the time of the day or certain events?
- Do you have to make sure your portal or website is available anytime, even with large peaks in traffic?
Principle 'Pay as you go' (Source: COMPAREX)
Why is Azure a solution for fluctuations in traffic?
- Allows you to easily cope with peaks in demand anytime
- Geo-distributed deployments for high availability
- Only pay for what is actually consumed
- Unlimited capacities
- Simple expansion into new geographies
- … and many more.
These are just few examples of what you can achieve with Microsoft Azure. Are you overwhelmed with the seemingly endless possibilities?
Get in touch with our Azure experts; we help you find the right solution for whatever your scenario is!
On-premises licenses for servers in CSP announced
Leipzig, 06/27/2018 – Server subscriptions for are an option for renting Azure and Windows licenses (for servers that have not already been set up) in SQL Server . Different server types, as well as CALs, are available. The announcement was made discreetly via the Product Terms in May 2018, which also constitute the only available overview of these new licenses. CSP
Read the full article
The Microsoft Cloud can save customers 93 percent and more in energy and carbon efficiency
Leipzig, 05/17/2018 – A new report issued Thursday by Microsoft Corp. in partnership with WSP shows significant energy and carbon emissions reduction potential from the Microsoft Cloud when compared with on-premises datacenters. These gains, as much as 93 percent more energy efficient and as high as 98 percent more carbon efficient, are due to Microsoft’s extensive investments in IT efficiency from chip-to-datacenter infrastructure, as well as renewable energy.
Read the full article
New capabilities of Windows Defender ATP
Leipzig, 04/17/2018 – With the next update to , Microsoft is further expanding Windows Defender ATP to provide richer capabilities for businesses to improve their security posture and solve security incidents more quickly and efficiently. Windows 10
Read the full article
Businesses are, on the whole, familiar with the advantages of the cloud and how it can benefit their organization – but it can be a little overwhelming kicking off a platform like Azure. Read in today’s article how COMPAREX can support your business to get the most out of Azure. Read the full article ...
The choice of a cloud provider wants to be well considered. In this article we are summing up the available options on the market and give an overview about the considerations you must make when deciding for a cloud provider. Read the full article ...
If you want to migrate to the cloud there are several factors determining the success of your migration. One of these success factors is having an expert by your side, someone with specialist knowledge who can oversee the whole process and train your staff. Read the full article ...